Girly Scouts


We joined a homeschool Girl Scout troop this past fall. It's been one of the best decisions we've made since we started homeschooling. Just a wonderful group of moms and daughters. We've made such good friends, and love having a like-minded community to brain-storm, explore, and be creative with.





I made the girls some sit-upons shortly after we joined this new troop. When I was a troop leader a few years ago I had the girls make sit-upons at the start of our Brownie year, but unfortunately, I didn't pick durable enough material and they didn't last very long. Since I had some scrap jean squares leftover from the quilt I made a few months ago, I decided to use those this time instead of the, ahem, shower curtain material we used last time. I cut up some old Girl Scout shirts we no longer wore, and added a few fun patches.


Hopefully these will last a little longer.

Here are a few highlights of our year. One Brownie, one Junior...









No comments:

Post a Comment